Equal Opportunity Representatives
The equality of women and men is anchored in the Rhineland-Palatinate Higher Education Act (Section 2 Para. 2):
"The universities of applied sciences perform their tasks in such a way that the fundamental rights of women and men to equal rights are guaranteed and existing disadvantages for women are eliminated."
In detail, this means:
- The Equal Opportunities Representative is involved in all personnel decisions such as appointments, hiring and promotions.
- She advises and supports female university members.
- She participates in all organizational and social measures that affect female employees, e.g. working hours, part-time work, university structure plans, etc.
- She is a standing participant in meetings of the committees in an advisory capacity.
- She participates in the development of supporting measures for the professional development and advancement of women.
- She is involved in the development of initiatives to increase the proportion of women in all areas where women are under-represented.
- She supports women's studies and the development of female-specific teaching.
- She prepares the plans for the advancement of women for the adoption by the Senate.
- She cooperates with equal opportunities officers of other universities at the state and federal levels, as well as in working groups within and outside the university
- The Senate Committee on Women's Issues assists the Equal Opportunities Officer in fulfilling her duties.