Audit: Family-friendly university
Since 2004, our university has been entitled to use the title "Family-friendly university". In 2013, we were once again awarded the "audit family-oriented university" certificate. The family-friendly image stands is an overarching goal for everyone here.
With the auditing, we face up to our social responsibility to guarantee special working and study conditions for parents with children. On the one hand, we want to teach scientific know-how. On the other hand, we want to make the university more attractive as a place of work for female scientists and thus contribute to maintaining its competitiveness.
Family-oriented measures that have already been established at Mainz University of Applied Sciences include the following:
- Flexible working hours
- Alternative childcare options
- Possibility of semi-retirement
- Decentralized work (work location model)
- Flexible studies for students with family obligations
- Family-friendly culture
The objectives of future measures are:
- Integration of the topic of equality into teaching
- Consideration of social competence as a criterion for appointments
- Incentive systems to encourage participation in management training courses
- Family-conscious scheduling of meetings