This content is not available or only partially available in English.
If you wish to apply for the MA.IB programme at Mainz University of Applied Sciences, School of Business, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You hold a bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Management from a recognized university (three years full-time or 180 ECTS minimum) with above-average results (minimum requirement: ECTS grade C; if neither the national certificate of your first degree nor the diploma supplement shows the ECTS grade, please present a certification issued by the degree-awarding institution which confirms that the grade point average achieved corresponds to the ECTS grade of C or better, or to the German score of 2.5 or better. Grades from non-EU applicants will be converted into German grades by uni-assist.)
- You are multilingual. You speak at least three different languages:
a) Excellent knowledge of English, proven by submitting:
- a high school diploma or bachelor's degree if English is your native language; otherwise
- bachelor's degree from a university in the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, Canada, United Kingdom or the USA proving that at least 30 ECTS credits of business-related topics have been studied in English; otherwise
- one of the following tests (not older than two years):
- TOEFL with at least 92 points (internet-based) or 237 points (computer-based)
- IELTS score of at least 6.5
- TOEIC score of at least 800 points
- a high school diploma if German is your native language; otherwise
- certificates issued by government agencies, universities or language training institutes which clearly certify that you master the language at least on the level A2 of the Common European Framework (CEFR).
c) Intermediate knowledge of a third language proven by submitting:
- a high school diploma if the language is your native language; otherwise
- certificates issued by government agencies, universities or language training institutes which clearly certify that you master the language at least on the level B2 of the Common European Framework (CEFR).
- You are highly motivated. We ask all applicants to explain their motivation for studying in the MA.IB programme in a written letter (of about two pages). The letter should also show your motivation and explain your choice of partner university during your stay abroad.
- You have a regional preference
- Please submit a list of your priorities (1-3) of (partner) universities for your stay abroad during the third semester.
- Add the application form (direct applicant or exchange student) when sending your application papers.
- Send certified copies of your certificates.
- Present clear and legal documentation that you fulfil the MA.IB pre-requisites.
- Note that the application deadline is June 15th of the respective year.