The most important information at a glance
Companies in the digital economy have clear requirements for potential employees. Neither pure specialists nor distinctive generalists can solve the challenges of digital media alone. Instead, a sensible combination of specialist knowledge on the one hand and general know-how on the other is required. This can be illustrated by a T-profile in which a solid cross-sectional knowledge in several disciplines (media management, media design, media informatics, etc.) is combined with very sound in-depth knowledge in one of these subject domains.
During your studies you will acquire basic knowledge in media design, IT and business administration. Depending on the specific occupation in which you are trained, this cross-sectional knowledge will be deepened. This includes optional subjects from all three disciplines mentioned, specific project work (also in cooperation with the companies) and, of course, your final bachelor's thesis.
A brief intoduction in a 360-degree video (in German)
Goals, target groups and advantages of the bachelor's degree progam Media, IT & Management
- Apprenticeship and studies at the same time
- Dual qualification in a company and the university
- Well-founded teaching of the scientific basics of classical computer science, economics and information systems
- Development of methodological competence
- Further development of social skills, in particular the ability of self-management and group work
- Part-time study combines experience from science and practical work
- Integration of project- and case-oriented work
- Teaching and learning in manageable groups (maximum 40 persons)
Areas of specialization
In addition to the teaching of core competences, a certain specialization is possible, for example through the choice of two electives in the 6th semester, through practical projects and through the bachelor's thesis.
Expansion of language and intercultural competence through
- Language and subject lectures in English
- A wide range of languages
- Possible stay abroad in the 6th semester
- International content-related reference in the modules
- Summer Schools
- 60 foreign cooperation universities
The part-time degree program, which integrates training and career, combines experience from science and practical work. In addition, the practical relevance is reinforced by
- Lecturers with obligatory practical experience
- Lectures with a strong practical orientation
- Guest lectures in the compulsory events
- Internal university events with business professionals
- Conferences and workshops for the exchange of research and practice
- Project tasks from the practice for semester and bachelor's theses
- Student-friendly office hours for part-time degree programs
- Individual student advisory service
- Mentoring and tutoring programs
- Career Center (consulting, training, placement)
- Reaudited family-friendly university
- Childcare services (day care center, childminder network)
- Promotion of special achievements through various competitions
For the company: 400 Euro per semester according to the cooperation agreement.
For students: Currently there are no tuition fees. A semester fee of approx. 286 Euro has to be paid. The fee includes the semester ticket for the greater Frankfurt/Wiesbaden/Mainz area and services of the Studierendenwerk.