- The passed aptitude test
- Completed university/university of applied sciences degree in interior architecture or an equivalent design-oriented program with a bachelor's degree as a Bachelor of Arts or as a Bachelor of Sciences or diploma with an average grade that is not worse than 2.5.
- Applicants whose bachelor's degree totals less than 210 ECTS credits must make up the missing ECTS credits by completing bridge modules or a practical semester before registering for their master's thesis.
There is a two-step application procedure for this degree program. In addition to participating in the aptitude process, an online application via the applicant portal and the submission of the required application documents are required.
Step 1: Aptitude process
To take part in the aptitude process, you must submit the following documents to the Office of Student Affairs by June 15:
- Application to participate in the eligibility procedure
- Chronological, complete and signed curriculum vitae
- Portfolio with samples of your work
Please send your portfolio to the following address (you can also submit the documents in person):
Mainz University of Applied Sciences
Office of Student Affairs
It is not possible to submit your portfolio directly to the department.
If your portfolio is sent from outside of Germany, the package must be declared as a document shipment.
If your portfolio is evaluated as "passed", you will be invited to take the aptitude test.
Step 2: Application procedure
The deadline to submit the application is 15 July.
If your portfolio has been rated as "passed", you will receive an invitation to the aptitude interview on:
As a rule, these talks take place at the end of June/ beginning of July. Concrete dates for 2023 have not been set (as of October 2022)
Portfolios can only be submitted to the
Office of Student Affairs of Mainz University of Applied Sciences, Lucy-Hillebrand-Str. 2, 55128 Mainz.
You are welcome to submit your portfolio in person starting at the beginning of May 2018 to the Office of Student Affairs in room A1.01 during our office hours or send it to us by post (please ensure that we receive your package by 15.06.2018 at the latest).
Office hours of the Office of Student Affairs
Tue, Thu, Fri 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Tue and Thu 1:15 - 5:00 p.m.
We will not accept any portfolios after 15.06.2018.