On October 28, 2020, the German government adopted drastic measures to contain the corona pandemic. For Mainz University of Applied Sciences, protecting everyone's health is a top priority, which is why we also want to make a significant contribution to halting the spread of the virus. The university will switch to ORANGE mode on Monday, November 2, 2020. This is currently in effect until November 30, 2020.
Please note the following regulations, which will be in effect in ORANGE mode from November 2 to 30, 2020:
- During this period, working from home will be the standard situation. Exceptions solely apply to tasks that can only be performed on-site (for example, to maintain operation-critical functions)
- All offices will only be used by one person at a time.
- Please always wear masks anywhere you are not alone. This also applies to meetings and classroom teaching.
- Classroom teaching can only be approved if it cannot be replaced by an online format (especially for practical exercises). Attendance must therefore be essential and portray a clear added value to the online alternative for the students.
- The approval of classroom teaching is the responsibility of the deans. If you have any questions, please contact the deans directly.
- The libraries, workshops and student workrooms will remain open for the time being, in strict compliance with the German AHA-L rules (keep a distance, observe hygiene measures, wear a mask and air out rooms).
- Business trips will only be permitted for urgent reasons.
- Field trips are no longer possible, with immediate effect.
The corresponding service agreement will subsequently be provided.
Answers to frequently asked questions can be found under http://hs-mz.de/corona.
Depending on how the corona infection evolves, the university adopts a specific operating state using a traffic light system. You can find more information about this on the intranet.