If you wish to apply to the MA.IB program at Mainz University of Applied Sciences, School of Business, you must meet the following criteria:
- You hold a bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Management from a recognized accredited university (three years full-time or 180 ECTS minimum)
- with above-average results (minimum requirement: ECTS grade C; or 2.5 or better (calculated into the German grading system). Grades from non-EU applicants will be transferred into German grades by uni-assist
- You are multilingual. You speak at least three different languages:
1. Excellent knowledge of English on C1 level, proven by submitting one of the following tests (no older than two years):
- TOEFL with at least 92 points (internet-based) or 237 points (computer-based)
- IELTS score of at least 6.5
- TOEIC score of at least 800 points; otherwise
- bachelor's degree diploma from a university in the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the USA proving that you have completed at least 30 ECTS credit of business-related topics in English
2. Intermediate knowledge of German on the A2 level, proven by submitting:
- high school diploma if German is your native language; otherwise
- certificates issued by government agencies, universities or language training institutes which clearly certify that you master the language on the minimum level of A2 of the Common European Framework (CEFR). You may use the form in the application package, proof of level A2.1 is sufficient for admission.
3. Advanced knowledge of a third language on the B2 level, proven by submitting:
- high school diploma if the language is your native language; otherwise
- certificates issued by government agencies, universities or language training institutes which clearly certify that you master the language on the minimum level of B2 of the Common European Framework (CEFR). You may use the form in the application package. The MA.IB board of examiners decides upon the equivalence any proof you have provided
- You are highly motivated. We ask all applicants to explain their motivation for studying in the MA.IB program in a written letter (of about two pages). The letter should also provide the motivation for and explain the choice of the partner university during your stay abroad.
You have a regional preference
- Please hand in a list of your priorities (1-3) of (partner) universities for your stay abroad during the third semester.
- Include all above-mentioned proofs when sending your application papers.
- Send certified copies (or upload scans of originals) of your certificates.
- Present clear and legal documentation that you fulfil the MA.IB prerequisites.
- Note that the application deadline is June 15th of the respective year.