If you wish to apply for the MA.IB programme at the University of Applied Sciences Mainz, School of Business, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You hold a Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Management from a recognized university (three years fulltime or 180 ECTS minimum)
- You have achieved above-average marks (minimum requirement: ECTS mark C). If neither the national certificate of your first degree nor the “Diploma Supplement” provides the information of an ECTS mark, you have to show a certification with which the degree awarding institution confirms that the average mark achieved corresponds to the ECTS mark of C or better, or the average grade of your bachelor degree is 2,5 (according to the German grading system) or better. The marks from non-EU applicants will be transferred into German grades by uni-assist.
- You are multilingual. You speak at least three different languages:
a) Excellent knowledge of English, proven by handing in:
- high school or bachelor diploma if English is your native language; otherwise
- one of the following tests (not older than two years):
- TOEFL with at least 92 points (Internet-based) or 237 points (Computer-Based)
- IELTS score of at least 6.5
- TOEIC score of at least 800 points
- high school diploma if German is your native language; otherwise
- certificates issued by government agencies, universities or language training institutes which clearly certify that you master the language at least on the level A2 of the Common European Framework (CEFR).
c) Intermediate knowledge of a third language proven by handing in:
- high school diploma if the language is your native language; otherwise
- certificates issued by government agencies, universities or language training institutes which clearly certify that you master the language at least on the level B2 of the Common European Framework (CEFR).
- You are highly motivated. You are asked to present a letter (approximately two pages) explaining your motivation for studying the MA.IB Programme and the choice for the partner university for your stay abroad. The MA.IB board of examiners has the right to conduct (telephone) interviews in order to test your motivation.
- You have a regional preference
- Please hand in a list of your priorities (1-3) of (partner) universities for your mandatory stay abroad during the third semester.
- You must add the application form (direct applicant or exchange student) when sending your application papers.
- You must send certified copies of your certificates.
- You must present clear and legal documentation that can you fulfil the MA.IB pre-requisites.
- Application deadline is June 15th of the year!