In the upcoming winter semester, our principle is to have as much classroom teaching as possible. In particular, we would like to give first and second semester and international students the opportunity to attend (some) classroom lectures.
At the same time, protecting everyone’s health is always the top priority. It is clear that this puts us in an area of potential conflict.
We are focusing on a scenario that necessitates strict adherence to safety regulations (wearing a face mask in all walkways, keeping a safe distance and recording contacts in compliance with data protection regulations). In doing so, each and every one of us assumes responsibility for protecting ourselves and others. You can find all relevant information on this subject on the Intranet:
- Official instructions issued September 18, 2020 on the Corona Safety Concept
- Overview diagram of the instructions issued September 18, 2020
- Comparison of Corona Directives 10 and 11
The university has adopted a specific operating mode using a traffic light system to designate the status based on developments in the corona infection situation:
- University closure: RED = the status of the university in March of this year
- Basic operations: ORANGE = teaching in small groups / on-site classes always require previous approval
- Limited on-site operations: YELLOW = hybrid teaching forms / teaching in small groups, simplified approval process
- Regular operations: GREEN = operations with no restrictions whatsoever
Starting today, September 21, 2020, we are moving to operating status YELLOW.