Documents to be submitted
- Chronological, gap-free and signed curriculum vitae
- Copy of the certificate of higher education entrance qualification (Abitur, Fachhochschulreife, professional qualification, master craftsman examination or a comparable advanced vocational training examination)
- Exmatriculation certificates for all previous degree programs at universities you were enrolled at after completing your first undergraduate degree program. You can submit this until you enroll at Mainz University of Applied Sciences. Applicants who have not yet successfully completed their studies by the closing date for applications or enrollment due to missing academic achievements must submit their de-registration certificate by the end of the first week of April for the summer semester and by October 15 for the winter semester.
If you have already been enrolled in a master's program or are currently enrolled, you must also provide the following documents within the application period at our university in addition to the required documents. This applies to all previous degree programs in which you were or are enrolled after completing your first undergraduate degree.
- Clearance certificate
Clearance certificates for all degree programs at foreign universities after completion of the first undergraduate degree.
- Performance record / grade chart with indication of the ECTS credits, grades, number of attempts including the failed attempts with indication of the preliminary grade point average of your academic achievements to date.
Depending on the semester for which you are applying, this documentation of the individual achievements may not be issued before 15 May for the winter semester or 15 November for the summer semester (in German language only).
- Summary of the individual modules including the ECTS credits (in German)
- Study curriculum (in German)
If you are still enrolled at another university at the time of application and can complete academic achievements there, you will have to present a current clearance certificate and a current proof of achievement / grade chart including the failed achievements after the grading of the last examination achievement by the previous university once again without being asked to. This must be done by October 15 for the winter semester and March 30 for the summer semester at the Office of Student Affairs of Mainz University of Applied Sciences.
Specifically for applicants with foreign educational certificates already recognized in Germany
- Foreign academic credentials
- Translation of foreign academic credentials (officially certified copy)
- Recognition of foreign academic credentials in Germany (officially certified copy)
- Indication of grade point average in the academic credentials (converted to the German grading system)
- Certificate of a preparatory college if you have attended a preparatory college (officially certified copy)
- Residence permit (for applicants from non-EU member states)
Proof of german language skills
One of the following must be included in the application as proof:
- German as a Foreign Language Test (TestDaF) TDN 4 in all parts of the examination
- German language examination for university entrance (DSH-1)
- Goethe Certificate at least B2
- German Language Diploma DSD II
- telc German B2
- Certificate of a completed university or university of applied sciences degree in interior architecture or an equivalent design-oriented program with a bachelor's degree as a Bachelor of Arts or as a Bachelor of Sciences or diploma.
- For applicants who have already completed their studies, the Diploma Supplement must be enclosed.
- Transcript of records (if not included in the Diploma Supplement)
If you have not yet completed your studies by the application deadline, you must provide proof of your academic performance with a preliminary grade point average and details of the ECTS credits available at that time, close to the date of your application. Depending on the semester applied for, proof of the individual academic achievements may not be issued by the issuing university before 15 May for the winter semester or 15 November for the summer semester. You must provide proof that, with the exception of a maximum of 30 ECTS credits, you have earned all ECTS credits to be earned in the first university degree that qualifies for a profession at the time the application deadline lapses.
Please note: You must complete the missing ECTS credits, study and examination achievements within the course of your first university degree. You may only subsequently submit proof that you have completed your first university degree by the end of the first master's semester.