This content is only partially available in English.

Foreign academic qualifications

Application via uni-assist

Documents to be submitted

  • Chronological, signed curriculum vitae with no missing periods of time
  • Copy of the deposit slip for the fee paid to uni-assist
  • Residence permit (for applicants from non-EU member states)
  • Copy of identity card
  • Declaration of previous study periods at home and abroad (see under download)
  • Proof of German language skills
  • Certificate of exmatriculation for all degree programs in which you were previously enrolled. If you are still enrolled by the closing date for applications, you can submit them upon enrollment, but no later than 15 October for the winter semester and 30 March for the winter semester


Applicants with previous periods of study in Germany or abroad must submit the following documents in addition to the required documents in due time when applying to our university. This applies to all previous master's degree programs in which you were or are enrolled after completing your first undergraduate degree.

  • Clearance certificate (in German)
  • Clearance certificate for all studies at foreign universities after completing your first undergraduate degree (in English)
  • Proof of achievement / grade point average with indication of the ECTS credits, grade, number of attempts including the failed achievements with indication of the provisional grade point average of your achievements to date.
  • Summary of the contents of the individual modules including the ECTS credits (in German)
  • Curriculum plan (in German)

If you are still enrolled at another university at the time of application and are able to complete achievements there, you must provide a current clearance certificate and current proof of achievements / grade point average including the failed achievements after the grading of the last examination achievement by the previous university again without being asked. This must be done by October 15 for the winter semester and by the end of the first week of April for the summer semester at the Office of Student Affairs of Mainz University of Applied Sciences.


Level C1 is required for the applicatioin and verified by

  • German language examination for university entrance at least level 2 (DSH-2)
  • Goethe certificate at least C1
  • Test German as a foreign language (TestDaF)-TDN 4 in all parts of the examination
  •  alternatively: Business German, telc Deutsch C1

The proof of German language skills must be presented in an officially certified form.


      • Document your educational path from secondary school diploma to your current level of education. Submit all certificates completely - the degree and the corresponding overview of subjects and grades must always be submitted in full. Neither whole certificate parts (for example a diploma appendix) nor individual pages may be missing. If the grade system used is not listed on the subject and grade overview, please also submit the information on the grade system of your school or university

      • IYou must submit all certificates in full in the original language in an officially certified copy and additionally in a sworn translation. Submission is only possible in paper form. Copies of certified documents - whether they are in electronic or paper form - are only simple copies and are not certified themselves. A copy shall be deemed to be authenticated only if it bears the original authentication stamp.
      • A bachelor's degree in Building and Property Management, Facility Management or Technical Property Management or a bachelor's degree, an Engineering Diploma from a university of applied sciences or an Engineering Diploma from related fields. Your grade point average must not be less than 2.7 (German grading system). The degree program director decides on the admission of students with a degree from related degree programs. 
      • Interior architecture graduates (Bachelor's degree, Engineering Diploma from a university of applied sciences or Engineering Diploma) must provide proof of at least three years of construction site-related or practical activities related to construction and property management, facility management or technical facility management.
      • In addition to a degree in engineering, you must also prove your knowledge of mathematics. You may have acquired this knowledge during your previous studies or as part of a separate certificate of achievement. The proof must be submitted by the end of the first master's semester. A mathematics bridge course will be offered.


      Additionally required documents