Documents to be submitted
- Chronological, signed curriculum vitae with no missing periods of time
- Copy of the deposit slip for the fee paid to uni-assist
- Residence permit (for applicants from non-EU member states)
- Copy of identity card
- Declaration of previous study periods at home and abroad (see under download)
- Proof of German language skills
- Certificate of exmatriculation for all degree programs in which you were previously enrolled. If you are still enrolled by the closing date for applications, you can submit them upon enrollment, but no later than 15 October for the winter semester and 30 March for the winter semester
Applicants with previous periods of study in Germany or abroad must submit the following documents in addition to the required documents in due time when applying to our university. This applies to all previous master's degree programs in which you were or are enrolled after completing your first undergraduate degree.
- Clearance certificate (in German)
- Clearance certificate for all studies at foreign universities after completing your first undergraduate degree (in English)
- Proof of achievement / grade point average with indication of the ECTS credits, grade, number of attempts including the failed achievements with indication of the provisional grade point average of your achievements to date.
- Summary of the contents of the individual modules including the ECTS credits (in German)
- Curriculum plan (in German)
If you are still enrolled at another university at the time of application and are able to complete achievements there, you must provide a current clearance certificate and current proof of achievements / grade point average including the failed achievements after the grading of the last examination achievement by the previous university again without being asked. This must be done by October 15 for the winter semester and by the end of the first week of April for the summer semester at the Office of Student Affairs of Mainz University of Applied Sciences.
Level C1 is required for the application and verified by:
- German language examination for university entrance at least level 2 (DSH-2)
- Goethe certificate at least C1
- Test German as a Foreign Language (TestDaF)-TDN 4 in all parts of the examination
- telc German 'C1 Hochschule'
You must submit the test result in one of the following forms no later than two months after the start of lectures:
- TOEFL iBT score 79 (2011 version)
- TOEIC 750 points
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Certificate Level B2
- ILEC (International Legal English Certificate) on Level B2
The acquisition of at least 30 ECTS credits from economics courses that are taught and tested entirely in English and for which the most recent examinations have been completed within the last two years.
The validity of language tests is limited to two years from the date of issue.
Suitable stays abroad can replace language tests, whereby equivalence must be decided on a case-by-case basis. A certificate of achievement from the foreign university must be submitted in this case, showing that the performance was rendered in English.
- Document your educational path from secondary school diploma to your current level of education. Submit all certificates completely - the degree and the corresponding overview of subjects and grades must always be submitted in full. Neither whole certificate parts (for example a diploma appendix) nor individual pages may be missing. If the grade system used is not listed on the subject and grade overview, please also submit the information on the grade system of your school or university.
- It is necessary that you submit all certificates completely in the original language in an officially certified copy and additionally in a sworn translation. Submission is only possible in paper form. Copies of certified documents - whether they are in electronic or paper form - are only simple copies and are not themselves certified. A copy shall be deemed to be authenticated only if it bears the original authentication stamp.
- Certificate with an academic diploma or bachelor's degree from a university, a university of applied sciences or an equivalent university in Germany or an equivalent final examination abroad for a degree in information systems, business administration, computer science or a similar degree program. At least 180 ECTS credits and at least ECTS grade C are required. If no ECTS grade is shown, your grade point average must not be lower than 2.5 (German grading system).