Documents to be submitted
- Chronological, signed curriculum vitae with no missing periods of time
- Certificate of possible military or civilian service, federal voluntary service completed
- General higher education entrance qualification
- Subject-specific higher education entrance qualification
- Entrance qualification for university of applied sciences
Depending on the form of attainment of the university of applied sciences entrance qualification:
- Certificate of qualification for university of applied sciences (school component)
- Proof of completed vocational training (IHK or HWK examination certificate, journeyman's certificate or journeyman's examination certificate)
- Proof of vocational training as an assistant (vocational school, vocational college lasting several years)
- Proof of the internship necessary to obtain the university of applied sciences entrance qualification - to be issued by the internship company (with exact details of the period as well as details of activity, area of employment and weekly working hours). If the internship has not been completed by the application deadline, preliminary proof of the date by which the internship will be completed must be submitted.
APPLICANTS WITH QUALIFIED VOCATIONALTRAINING AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Applicants with qualified vocational training and work experience as well as applicants who have passed a master craftsman examination or a comparable advanced training examination must submit the following documents:
- Proof of vocational training completed with a qualified result (officially certified copy)
- Final certificate of the Chamber with information on the scores (officially certified copy)
- Vocational school graduation certificate (officially certified copy)
- Proof of the training examination - if available (officially certified copy)
- Original documentation as proof of a relevant, professional or comparable activity of two years (type, duration, place) by the employer
- Proof that you have passed the master craftsman's examination or equivalent examination including the total score (officially certified copy)
The first semester is always preset as the subject semester for all bachelor' s degree programs. If you have already completed periods of study at a university, Mainz University of Applied Sciences reserves the right to final classification into the semester on the basis of the documents to be submitted.
Applying with previous study periods
Applicants with previous periods of study in Germany or abroad must submit the following documents in addition to the required documents in due time when applying to our university. This applies to all previous degree programs in which you were or are enrolled.
- Clearance certificate (in German)
- Clearance certificate for curricula at foreign universities (in English)
- Proof of achievement / grade chart with indication of the ECTS credits, grade, number of attempts including the failed achievements with indication of the provisional grade point average of your achievements to date.
- Exmatriculation certificate of all degree programs in which you were previously enrolled. If you are still enrolled by the application deadline, you can submit your application at the time of enrollment - at the latest by 15 October for the winter semester and by the end of the first week of April for the summer semester.
Depending on the semester for which you are applying, this document relating to the individual achievements may not be issued before 15 May for the winter semester or 15 November for the summer semester (in German).
- Summary of the individual modules including the ECTS credits (in German)
- Curriculum (in German)
If you are still enrolled at another university at the time of application and are able to complete achievements there, you must, in the case of admission to Mainz University of Applied Sciences, provide a current clearance certificate and current proof of achievements / grade point average including the failed achievements after the grading of the last examination achievement by the previous university again without being asked. This must be done by October 15 for the winter semester and by the end of the first week of April for the summer semester at the Office of Student Affairs of Mainz University of Applied Sciences.
Subject-related semester and credit recognition
Recognition of achievements from previous periods of study takes into account both passed and failed attempts. If necessary, you may be required at a later date to submit documents for all exam achievements that have been completed and then also evaluated.
Recognition is formally granted by the respective examination board. In the case of admission to a higher semester, you will receive notification of the placement semester via the notification of admission. If you are placed in the first semester, please contact the student advisory service of the respective department for recognition of achievements.
Please note that in this case admission is subject to the condition precedent that the explicitly requested documents are submitted in full, on time and ready for examination within the enrollment period or any other period specified by the university in the notification of admission and that the examination of the documents by the university leads to a positive examination result.
If a positive examination result cannot be certified, the notification of admission issued under the condition precedent shall have no legal effect. There is no right to enrollment and there will be no special decision on this.
Specifically for applicants with foreign academic qualifications and existing recognition in Germany
- Foreign academic qualifications
- Translation of foreign academic qualifications
- Recognition of foreign academic qualifications in Germany
- Average grade of the foreign academic qualification (converted to the German grading system)
- Certificate of the preparatory college if you have attended the preparatory college
- Residence permit (for applicants from non-EU member countries)
PROOF OF GERMAN LANGUAGE SKILLS
Level B2 is required for the application and verified by:
- Test German as a Foreign Language (TestDaF)-TDN 3 in all parts of the examination
- German language examination for university entrance at least level 1 (DSH-1)
- Goethe certificate at least B2
- German Language Diploma DSD II
- telc German B2
If you apply and are admitted to the first and second semesters, proof of language skills can be submitted by the end of the second semester. The required language skills are not a prerequisite for admission for the first and second semester.
Applicants placed in the 3rd or later semester must submit proof in one of the following forms by the application deadline.
Proof must be provided in one of the following forms:
- General or subject-related higher education entrance qualification with at least a basic English Abitur course with at least 'good' or with at least 10 grade points (arithmetic mean of the last two scores shown on the certificate)
- General or subject-related higher education entrance qualification with at least an advanced course of English in the Abitur with at least 'satisfactory' or at least 7 grade points (arithmetic mean of the last two scores shown on the certificate)
- University of applied sciences entrance qualification with at least 'good' or with at least 10 grade points in English
- TOEFL iBT with at least Level B1 (as of 2008)
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) with at least level B1
- OOPT (Oxford Online Placement Test) at Mainz University of Applied Sciences only, with at least level B1 + (as of August 2012)
- Further requirements for English language skills, which the School of Business has defined for all bachelor's degree programs, can be found under: