What we offer
- determination of characteristic values of metal und mineral test specimen as well as samples of polymers and glass
- external monitoring of sandwich panels
- testing of fasteners
- testing of steel samples (tensile tests, hardness testing, Charpy v-notch test)
- concrete cube tests
- testing of rock samples (cubical and cylindrical compression test)
- quality testing of GRP-tube-inliners for refurbishment of sewer pipes
- pendulum impact tests of glass panes
- building damage surveys
Testing rigs, testing machines and measurement equipment
At the Amtliche Prüfstelle für Baustoffe several testing machines used for static and dynamic testing and a climate chamber for artificial ageing of material samples are avaiable.
- Dyna-Mess Dynamic universal testing machine (20 kN), 2008
- Dyna-Mess Dynamic universal testing machine (50 kN), 2012
- Dyna-Mess Dynamic universal testing machine (165 kN), modernised in 2010
- Zwick/Doli 1445 precision testing machine (10 kN) with 4-point flexure test
- Zwick 1485 universal testing machine (250 kN), modernised in 2010
- Form und Test testing rig with 600 kN with 3-point clamp-on extensometer
- Form und Test 4-beam testing rig with 4000 kN
- Losenhausenwerk Düsseldorfer Maschinenbau AG UBP 500 (5000 kN)
- testing rig for pendulum impact tests of glass panes
- diverse measurement equipment and small tools
The institute operates modern static and dynamic testing machines, high-end digital measurement technology with sensors for force, displacement and strain, a modern digital image correlation measurement system with six cameras and a climate chamber, in which full size sandwich panels can be aged artificially.
Together with the Stahlbaulabor at Technische Universität Darmstadt, the institute runs a testing rig, to investigate the tightness of joints in constructions made of sandwich elements and to futher optimize the geometries of element joints. Jointlengths of up to 2 x 3 meters can be tested.