German higher education entrance qualifications
Information on applying in the online portal
Before you can start your application, you must first register on the online portal of the University and set up an applicant account. To do so, click on the link Register now on the homepage of the application portal and enter your personal data there. You will be prompted to choose a password and will receive an email upon completion of the registration process. Your account will be activated using the link provided and you can start your application. Please ensure that you have access to your access data (user name and password) at all times. After you have registered and logged in, you will be guided through the application step by step. All obligatory answers are marked with an asterisk (*). If you need assistance with the individual input fields you can click on the info icon. Should you still have any technical questions or questions related to your studies, please contact zulassung (at) hs-mainz.de.
After registering in the application portal for a place at university, you start to enter your application. There you can select the degree and field of study you are interested in. For all master's degree programs, the 1st semester is always preset as the subject-related semester. If you have already spent some time studying at a university, Mainz University of Applied Sciences reserves the right of final placement in the semester on the basis of the documents to be submitted.
Once you have provided all the information, you will find the application under Applications in preparation. You can now make changes until you click on Submit application and submit it online.
Via Add application you can submit further applications for other subjects. You may submit up to three applications to Mainz University of Applied Sciences.
To change an application that has not yet been submitted, click on Edit application.
After clicking Submit application, you will no longer be able to process this application. If you want to change any information or have noticed any errors, you must Withdraw application. Subsequently, this application will not be processed by the university until you submit it again.
Under Submitted applications, you will find the applications you have submitted online. Under Submitted applications, click on Application letter in the information window. You will now receive a PDF file which you can print out.
You will find the documents to be submitted with the Application letter in paper form on the pages of the degree program to which you are applying.
Together with the printed cover letter, send the signed, complete application documents on paper to the address preset in the application form.
In order to be able to subsequently change general and personal information that applies to all applications, you must withdraw and resubmit the applications. Please check your details thoroughly before submitting them.
If all details are correct, click on Submit application.
- Study history
Under Study history please enter whether you have already studied at one or more German universities and whether you have already completed a degree at a German university. The degree program is considered completed if you have completed or will complete all the required academic and/or examination achievements during the current semester of submitting your application.
If you are a new student, please enter 0 (zero) here
- Vocational education
Under Vocational education please enter whether you have already completed vocational training.
- Have you completed public/military service?
Under Completed public/military service, please enter whether you have completed public or military service (such as the German armed forces, civil service, federal voluntary service). Applicants who have completed service will be given preference in the admission procedure in cases where the data is the same otherwise (such as the same grades and same waiting period).
- When writing your first application, you must indicate a higher education entrance qualification (such as Abitur, Fachhochschulreife, vocational qualification).
- You must also provide information on your previous studies to apply to a master's degree program. For example, you will be asked about the degree program, the final grade, the graduation date, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Affairs by e-mail at zulassung(at)hs-mainz.de. As long as you have not yet submitted an application, you can edit the data. If you want to change data or have noticed errors, you must first withdraw your application. Subsequently, this application will not be processed by the university until you re-submit it.
You can make an informal request for exceptional hardship and/or improvement of grade and/or waiting time. If you submit the relevant applications, please submit the supporting documents together with the application documents to Mainz University of Applied Sciences.
The University requires a postal address that is marked as the correspondence address: This is the address we will send your documents to. If you enter more than one address, one of them must be marked as the correspondence address.
Edit email address
The University requires an email address that is marked as the correspondence address. This is the address that will be used to inform you about changes in the status of your application, for example. If you enter more than one email address, one of them must be marked as the correspondence address.
After applying online, click on Application letter to print the written version of your application. Furthermore, on this page you can find out what additional documents need to be submitted as hard copies.
Please send your written and signed application to:
Mainz University of Applied Sciences
Office of Student Affairs
After the applications have been received in written form, your status changes to being processed. The application is not considered submitted to the University until the hard copy of it has been received. You can see an overview of the status of the individual applications via your application portal at Mainz University of Applied Sciences.
Documents to be submitted
- Chronological, signed curriculum vitae with no missing periods of time
- Copy of the higher education entrance qualification certificate (Abitur, Fachhochschulreife, vocational qualification, master craftsman's examination or a comparable advanced vocational training examination)
- Declaration of previous study periods
- Exmatriculation certificates for all previous degree programs at universities in which you were enrolled after completing your first undergraduate degree program. You can submit these until you register at Mainz University of Applied Sciences. Applicants who have not yet successfully completed their studies by the application deadline or enrollment due to missing achievements will be required to submit the certificate of exmatriculation by 30 March for the summer semester and by 15 October for the winter semester.
As an applicant with previous study periods in Germany or abroad in a master's degree program, you must submit the following documents in addition to the required documents when applying to our university. This applies to all previous degree programs in which you were or are enrolled after completing your first undergraduate degree.
- Clearance certificate
Clearance certificates for all degree programs at foreign universities after completion of the first undergraduate degree program.
- Proof of achievements/transcript with indication of ECTS credits, grade, number of attempts including failed attempts with indication of the preliminary grade point average of your achievements so far.
Depending on the semester for which you are applying, this document on the individual achievements may not be issued before 15 May for the winter semester or 15 November for the summer semester (in German).
- Summary of the individual modules including the ECTS credits (in German)
- Curriculum (in German)
If you are still enrolled at another university at the time of application and can complete achievements there, you must present a current clearance certificate and a current performance record/transcript including the failed achievements after the grading of the last examination achievement by the previous university once again without being asked. This must be done by October 15 for the winter semester and March 30 for the summer semester at the Office of Student Affairs at Mainz University of Applied Sciences.
Specifically for applicants with foreign academic qualifications and already existing recognition in Germany
- Foreign academic qualifications
- Translation of foreign academic qualifications (officially certified copy)
- Recognition of foreign academic qualifications in Germany (officially certified copy)
- Indicated grade point average of the foreign academic qualifications (converted to the German grading system)
- Certificate of the preparatory college if you have attended one (officially certified copy)
- Residence permit (for applicants from non-EU member countries)
Proof of English (C1):
- TOEFL: ibT at least 92 points, cbT at least 237 points
- IELTS at least 6.5 points
- TOEIC at least 800 points
- Language certificates demonstrating level C1 according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Proof that at least 30 ECTS credits were earned in the bachelor's degree program in economics, law or engineering classes taught and tested in English.
Proof of Spanish (B1):
- Language certificates demonstrating level B1 according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Proof that at least 30 ECTS credits were earned in business, law or engineering classes taught and tested in Spanish in the bachelor's degree program
Proof of German (A2):
- Language certificates demonstrating level A2 according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages
- For native speakers, a copy of the German higher education entrance qualification is sufficient
Language certificates must not be older than two years.
- A bachelor's degree or diploma that proves the successful completion of a degree in business administration or management, a degree in engineering or natural sciences, economics or business law
- For applications with a completed degree, the Diploma Supplement must be enclosed
- Transcript of records (if not already included in the Diploma Supplement)
If you have not yet completed your studies by the application deadline, you must provide proof of achievement with a preliminary grade point average and the ECTS credits available at that time, close to the date of application. Depending on the semester applied for, proof of the individual achievements of the issuing university may not be issued before 15 May for the winter semester or 15 November for the summer semester. You must provide proof that, except for up to a maximum of 30 ECTS credits, you have earned all the ECTS credits required for the first university degree qualifying you for a profession by the time the application deadline expires.
Please note: You must complete the missing ECTS credits, study and examination achievements while you are studying for your first university degree. You are only permitted to submit proof that you have completed your first university degree by the end of the first master's semester.
- A two-page letter of motivation in Spanish in which you state your motivation for enrolling in the German-Argentinean master's degree program.
Additionally required documents
- Diploma and diploma certificate or master's diploma and master's degree certificate with grade point average (decimal place)
If the documents are not yet available and if the grade of the final examination of the first degree is not verified, the result of the final examination will be evaluated with "1 point" when determining the score in the selection for a second degree program.
- Reasons for commencing a second degree program
- written application for admission due to exceptional hardship.
You must provide written reasons for your application and substantiate them with the appropriate documents.
- Written request to improve the average grade and/or the waiting period.
You must provide written reasons for your application and substantiate them with the appropriate documents