How to apply
To be eligible to apply to our program, you must meet the following admission requirements:
a) You have a bachelor’s degree in one of the following subjects:
- Business Administration
- Natural sciences
- Business Law
- A degree that combines business studies with Hispanic American cultural studies
The degree must have at least 180 ECTS credits or ECTS grade C. If no ECTS grade is shown, your grade point average must be no lower than 2.5.
b) You must provide proof of your language proficiency by taking a standardized, internationally recognized language test for the following languages:
- TOEFL iBT: at least 92 points
- IELTS: at least 6.5 points
- TOEIC: at least 800 points
- Spanish: at least level B1. We recognize an official certificate from a language center of a university or a foreign language institute as proof of language proficiency.
- German: at least level A2. If German is your native language, your bachelor’s degree certificate or high school diploma will suffice as proof
If you earned at least 30 ECTS credits in classes taught and examined in English, Spanish, and German in your bachelor’s degree program, we also recognize this as official proof of language proficiency. Mere participation in a language class will not be considered sufficient.
c) You will explain your reasons for participating in the Maestría Argentino-Alemana in a letter of motivation in Spanish. You can use this letter to emphasize your particular suitability for our degree program in Germany and Argentina. The letter of motivation should include the following aspects, although there is no formal structure that must be followed:
- Reasons for choosing to study at the two universities (Mainz University of Applied Sciences and Universidad de Ciencias Empresariales y Sociales (UCES) in Buenos Aires)
- How you are personally well suited for the requirements of the degree program. Special qualifying characteristics that you can bring to the degree program include, for example:
a) Qualified practical experience relevant to the degree program at a company or similar institution
b) Dedication and outstanding performance in positions involving responsibility (for example, in social, political, cultural, and athletic settings)
c) Extended stays abroad relevant to the degree program
d) Other professional qualifications and/or qualifications relevant to the degree program
- An outline of the professional areas of work that you would like to pursue and for which the curriculum of the degree program is necessary or useful
You can apply to our degree program starting in mid-May. Applicants with a university degree from Germany are to submit their application documents using the portal of Mainz University of Applied Sciences. If you obtained your university degree abroad, you must apply through uni-assist. The application deadline is July 15th.