German higher education entrance qualification
Documents to be submitted
- Chronological, gap-free and signed curriculum vitae
- Copy of the certificate of higher education entrance qualification (Abitur, Fachhochschulreife, professional qualification, master craftsman examination or a comparable advanced vocational training examination)
- Exmatriculation certificates for all previous degree programs at universities you were enrolled at after completing your first undergraduate degree program. You can submit this until you enroll at Mainz University of Applied Sciences. Applicants who have not yet successfully completed their studies by the closing date for applications or enrollment due to missing academic achievements must submit their de-registration certificate by the end of the first week of April for the summer semester and by October 15 for the winter semester.
If you have already been enrolled in a master's program or are currently enrolled, you must also provide the following documents within the application period at our university in addition to the required documents. This applies to all previous degree programs in which you were or are enrolled after completing your first undergraduate degree.
- Clearance certificate
- Clearance certificates for all degree programs at foreign universities after completion of the first undergraduate degree.
- Performance record / grade chart with indication of the ECTS credits, grades, number of attempts including the failed attempts with indication of the preliminary grade point average of your academic achievements to date.
Depending on the semester for which you are applying, this documentation of the individual achievements may not be issued before 15 May for the winter semester or 15 November for the summer semester (in German language only).
- Summary of the individual modules including the ECTS credits (in German)
- Study curriculum (in German)
If you are still enrolled at another university at the time of application and can complete academic achievements there, you will have to present a current clearance certificate and a current proof of achievement / grade chart including the failed achievements after the grading of the last examination achievement by the previous university once again without being asked to. This must be done by October 15 for the winter semester and March 30 for the summer semester at the Office of Student Affairs of Mainz University of Applied Sciences.
Especially for applicants with foreign educational certificates
- Foreign academic credentials
- Translation of foreign academic credentials (officially certified copy)
- Recognition of foreign academic credentials in Germany (officially certified copy)
- Indication of grade point average in the academic credentials (converted to the German grading system)
- Certificate of a preparatory college if you have attended a preparatory college (officially certified copy)
- Residence permit (for applicants from non-EU member states)
Proof of German language
Level C1 is required for the application to a master's degree program and must be proven by:
- German language examination for university entrance at least level 2 (DSH-2)
- Goethe Certificate at least C1
- German as a Foreign Language Test (TestDaF) TDN 4 in all parts of the examination
- Alternatively: Business language German, telc German C1
The test results must be submitted no later than two months after the start of classes.
Proof of the required English language skills can be provided during the selection interview.
If proof is not provided during the selection interview, it may be provided in one of the following forms:
- TOEFL iBT score 79 (as of 2011)
- TOEIC 750 points
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Certificate Level B2
- ILEC (International Legal English Certificate) with Level B2
- As proof of the required language skills, all degree programs additionally recognize the acquisition of at least 30 ECTS credits from economics lectures taught and examined entirely in English and for which the last academic achievements have been completed within the last two years.
Proof of English can be submitted up to two months after the start of classes.
The validity of language tests is limited to two years from the date of issue.
Adequate stays abroad can replace language tests, whereby equivalence has to be decided on a case-by-case basis. A certificate of achievement from the foreign university must be presented here, showing that the academic achievements were performed in English.
- Bachelor or diploma certificate attesting successful completion of a degree program in business law or a similar degree program
- Applicants who have already completed their studies must enclose the Diploma Supplement and the certificate.
- Transcript of records (if not already inlcuded in the Diploma Supplement)
If you have not yet completed your studies by the application deadline, you must provide proof of your academic performance with a preliminary grade point average and details of the ECTS credits available at that time, close to the date of your application. Depending on the semester applied for, proof of the individual academic achievements may not be issued by the issuing university before 15 May for the winter semester or 15 November for the summer semester. You must provide proof that, with the exception of a maximum of 30 ECTS credits, you have earned all ECTS credits to be earned in the first university degree that qualifies for a profession at the time the application deadline lapses.
Please note: You must complete the missing ECTS credits, study and examination achievements within the course of your first university degree. You may only subsequently submit proof that you have completed your first university degree by the end of the first master's semester.
You must also submit the following documents to enable us to verify whether the degree program you have completed is similar in content:
- Study curriculum with indication of ECTS credits
- The topic of the bachelor's or diploma thesis must be identifiable from the application documents.
- If you have completed project studies or practical semesters with a focus on business administration, you must provide appropriate proof or an internship certificate.