- Successful completion of a degree in law, business law or economics, or
- under Article 35, paragraph 1 of the Higher Education Act of Rhineland-Palatinate, those who have acquired the necessary aptitude in their profession or in some other way may also participate in further education courses
- In exceptional cases, graduates with another university degree may also be admitted. In this case, appropriate legal and other relevant previous knowledge must be demonstrated by means of relevant examinations or relevant professional experience. The Examination Board will make a decision on this matter.
Graduates with a bachelor's degree must prove at least 210 ECTS credits.
- Applicants who have successfully completed a university degree for which less than 210 ECTS credits but at least 180 ECTS credits have been earned may in individual cases be credited with relevant professional experience of at least one year in the amount of up to 30 ECTS credits in order to achieve the ECTS credits required for admission. The prerequisite for crediting is that the knowledge and skills acquired through the professional activity are equivalent to the performance requirements of this master's degree program. The Examination Board decides on the equivalence of the knowledge and skills acquired through the professional activity. Details on the examination of equivalence (evaluation criteria) and the procedure are regulated by a separate set of rules.
- Proof of relevant professional employment for at least one year. Proof of relevant professional experience should be provided by employment contracts, certificates or attestations from the employer. Applicants with at least 180 ECTS credits and less than 210 ECTS credits must have gained work experience after their first degree.
Applicants must prove that they are proficient in English. Evidence is to be provided in one of the following forms:
- TOEFL iBT score 79 (as of 2008)
- TOEIC 750 points
- ILEC (Level B2)
- the acquisition of at least 30 ECTS credits from economics courses taught and examined entirely in English and for which the last exams have been completed within the last two years.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Level B2 or higher
You must submit the test results no later than two months after the start of classes. Only the above-mentioned tests are accepted as proof of English.
The validity of language tests is limited to two years from the date of issue. Appropriate stays abroad can replace language tests, whereby equivalence has to be decided on a case-by-case basis. A certificate of achievement from the foreign university must be presented here, showing that the academic achievements were completed in English.
Fees are charged for the continuing education program.