- The passed aptitude test
- Completed university/university of applied sciences degree in communication design or an equivalent design-oriented program with a bachelor's degree as a Bachelor of Arts or as a Bachelor of Sciences or diploma with an average grade that is not worse than 2.5.
- Applicants whose bachelor's degree totals less than 210 ECTS credits must make up the missing ECTS credits by completing bridge modules or a practical semester before registering for their master's thesis.
There is a two-step application procedure for this degree program. In addition to participating in the aptitude process, an online application via the applicant portal and the submission of the required application documents are required.
Step 1: Aptitude process
To take part in the aptitude process, you must submit the following documents to the Office of Student Affairs by June 15:
- Application to participate in the eligibility procedure
- Chronological, complete and signed curriculum vitae
- Applicants must enclose with their application a portfolio of design work from their studies or, if applicable, work from their professional activities
Please send your portfolio to the following address (you can also submit the documents in person):
Mainz University of Applied Sciences
Office of Student Affairs
It is not possible to submit your portfolio directly to the department.
If your portfolio is sent from outside of Germany, the package must be declared as a document shipment.
If your portfolio is evaluated as "passed", you will be invited to take the aptitude test.
Step 2: Application procedure
The deadline to submit the application is 15 July.
If your portfolio has been rated as "passed", you will receive an invitation to the aptitude test on:
Monday, 23 May 2022
Thuesday, 24 May 2022
The aptitude test will take place in digital form.
You will receive an invitation to the aptitude test by e-mail if the portfolio you have submitted has been evaluated as "passed".
Please also check your spam mailboxes
- Documents to be submitted (German higher education entrance qualification)
- Documents to be submitted (Foreign higher education entrance qualification)