How to apply
If you wish to apply to our MA.IB program, you will need to meet the following criteria:
a) You have a bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent in terms of content
The degree must include at least 180 ECTS credits and ECTS grade C. If no ECTS grade is shown, your grade point average in the German grading system must not be worse than 2.5.
b) You are fluent in English and have knowledge of German and another foreign language. Your language skills must be documented as follows:
- TOEFL iBT: at least 92 points
- IELTS: at least 6.5 points
- TOEIC: at least 800 points
If you have earned at least 30 ECTS credits in degree program classes (that were not language classes) that were taught and tested in English, we will recognize this as official proof of language proficiency. This regulation only applies to bachelor programs from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the USA. Applicants with a bachelor's degree from other countries must provide one of the three test results specified above, even if the degree program was taught and tested entirely in English.
2. German: at least level A2 (B1). If your native language is German, your bachelor’s degree certificate or high school diploma will suffice as proof.
3. Another language: at least level A2 (B1): If this language is your native language (not English or German), and your university entrance qualification or bachelor’sdegree was taught in this language, you do not need to provide any additional proof. Otherwise, submit a certificate from a recognized language or educational institution verifying the B1 level for that language. You are welcome to use our university’s blank form for this purpose.
c) You have a priority for studying abroad
Please write a letter of motivation (in English) in which you describe your first, second, and third partner university priorities. This will demonstrate your willingness to spend part of your studies abroad.
d) Please attach an up-to-date CV to your application
You can apply to our degree program starting in mid-May. Applicants with a university degree from Germany or another EU country are to submit their application documents using the portal of Mainz University of Applied Sciences. If you obtained your university degree outside the EU, you must apply through uni-assist. The application deadline is June 15th.