A Diplom or bachelor’s degree from a university, university of applied sciences or equivalent institution of higher education in Germany or an equivalent qualification abroad in business administration, economics, international management, international business or a degree program with similar content.
Graduation with at least 180 ECTS credits and ECTS grade C. If no ECTS grade is shown, then a grade point average of 2.5 or better is required.
For degree programs with similar contents, you must achieve the following minimum scores (under the directive of 9 November 2022):
- at least 6 ECTS credits in the field of economics
- at least 8 ECTS credits in the field of quantitative methods/statistics/mathematics
- at least 10 ECTS credits in the fields of accounting, finance and controlling
- at least 30 ECTS credits from other business management subjects (including business management internships)
Please note that it is not possible to make up the required ECTS credits at our university. You must earn the ECTS credits as part of your bachelor’s degree.
You must prove your proficiency in English by submitting one of the following:
- TOEFL iBT score 79 (Stand 2008)
- TOEIC 750 points
- ILEC (Level B2)
- the acquisition of at least 30 ECTS credits from economics courses that are taught and tested entirely in English and for which the last exams have been completed within the last two years.
Only the above-mentioned tests are possible for providing proof of proficiency in English.
The test result must be submitted no later than two months after the start of classes. If the proof is not submitted by the deadline, enrollment in the next semester will be denied.
Who to contact
T +49 6131 628-7381
zulassung (at) hs-mainz.de