Applying with a German higher education entrance qualification
- Chronological, signed curriculum vitae with no missing periods of time
- Copy of the higher education entrance qualification certificate (Abitur, Fachhochschulreife, vocational qualification, master craftsman’s examination or a comparable advanced vocational training examination)
- Declaration of previous study periods
- Exmatriculation certificates for all previous degree programs at universities in which you were enrolled after completing your first undergraduate degree program. You can submit these up until your enrollment at Mainz University of Applied Sciences. Applicants who have not yet successfully completed their studies by the application deadline or enrollment due to missing achievements will be required to submit the certificate of exmatriculation by March 30 for the summer semester and by October 15 for the winter semester.
As an applicant with previous study periods in Germany or abroad in a master's degree program, you must submit the following documents in addition to the required documents when applying to our university. This applies to all previous degree programs in which you were or are enrolled after completing your first undergraduate degree.
- Clearance certificate
Clearance certificates for all degree programs at foreign universities after completion of the first undergraduate degree program.
- Proof of achievements/transcript with indication of ECTS credits, grade, number of attempts including failed attempts with indication of the preliminary grade point average of your achievements so far.
Depending on the semester for which you are applying, this document on the individual achievements may not be issued before 15 May for the winter semester or 15 November for the summer semester (in German).
- Summary of the individual modules including the ECTS credits (in German)
- Curriculum (in German)
If you are still enrolled at another university at the time of application and can complete achievements there, you must present a current clearance certificate and a current performance record/transcript including the failed achievements after the grading of the last examination achievement by the previous university once again without being asked. This must be done by October 15 for the winter semester and March 30 for the summer semester at the Office of Student Affairs at Mainz University of Applied Sciences.
Specifically for applicants with foreign academic qualifications and already existing recognition in Germany
- Foreign academic qualifications
- Translation of foreign academic qualifications (officially certified copy)
- Recognition of foreign academic qualifications in Germany (officially certified copy)
- Indicated grade point average of the foreign academic qualifications (converted to the German grading system)
- Certificate of the preparatory college if you have attended one (officially certified copy)
- Residence permit (for applicants from non-EU member countries)
Proof of good language skills, which certifies that the student is able to study in German, French and English. It is necessary that you prove your language skills by means of a standardized, internationally recognized language test as follows:
Language certificates (TOEFL iBT, TOEIC) demonstrating level B2 according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages, or proof that at least 30 ECTS credits were earned in classes taught and tested in English during the bachelor's degree.
Language certificates (including TFI) demonstrating level B2 according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages, or proof that at least 30 ECTS credits were earned in the bachelor's degree in classes taught and tested in French.n.
Language certificates (including DaF) demonstrating level B2 according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages, or proof that at least 30 ECTS credits were earned in classes taught and tested in German during the bachelor's degree.
It is possible to replace language tests with suitable periods abroad. The equivalence shall be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Letter of motivation
- Certificate with an academic diploma or bachelor's degree from a university, a university of applied sciences or an equivalent university in Germany or certificate of an equivalent final examination abroad after completion of studies in which no more than one third of the ECTS credits were earned in economics modules
- Applicants who have already completed their studies must enclose the Diploma Supplement and the certificate
- Transcript of records (if not already included in the Diploma Supplement)
If you have not yet completed your studies by the application deadline, you must provide proof of achievement with a preliminary grade point average and the ECTS credits available at that time, close to the date of application. Depending on the semester applied for, proof of the individual achievements of the issuing university may not be issued before 15 May for the winter semester or 15 November for the summer semester. You must provide proof that, except for up to a maximum of 30 ECTS credits, you have earned all the ECTS credits required for the first university degree qualifying you for a profession by the time the application deadline expires.
Please note: You must complete the missing ECTS credits, study and examination achievements while you are studying for your first university degree. You are only permitted to submit proof that you have completed your first university degree by the end of the first master's semester.
Additionally required documents
- Diploma and diploma certificate or master's diploma and master's degree certificate with grade point average (decimal place)
If the documents are not yet available and if the grade of the final examination of the first degree is not verified, the result of the final examination will be evaluated with "1 point" when determining the score in the selection for a second degree program.
- Reasons for commencing a second degree program
- written application for admission due to exceptional hardship.
You must provide written reasons for your application and substantiate them with the appropriate documents.
- Written request to improve the average grade and/or the waiting period.
You must provide written reasons for your application and substantiate them with the appropriate documents