Master of Arts in Franco-German Management
You have advanced knowledge of German, French and English? In your bachelor's degree, you chose a subject which has taught you excellent language skills, and also qualifies you for a position in the business world? You are interested in Franco-German friendship and the European idea? Then the Master of Arts in Franco-German Management could be the right choice for you.
The Master of Arts in Franco-German Management is a double degree, which was developed in cooperation with the Université de Lorraine in France and the German-French University of Applied Sciences. The program qualifies graduates of non-business-oriented degree programs for further business studies and prepares them to work at international companies and organisations.
What's in store for you
This degree program is one of the few in Germany that is free of charge and additionally includes a French university degree. The program starts in the winter semester at the Université de Lorraine in Metz and will be continued in the following winter semester for another two semesters in Mainz.
Candidates should have a good command of German, French and English, which will enable them to study in the three languages (Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). In order to support the binational orientation of the course of study and thus increase intercultural cooperation skills, half of the course of study is made up of German and half of French students.
The aims of the degree program
- Providing comprehensive business management knowledge in three languages
- Development of intercultural leadership skills in a Franco-German context
- The ability of the students to effectively apply the knowledge they have acquired in their undergraduate studies to the business world
- Gathering of professional experience in two internships of at least 5 months' duration with business management relevance
The program is divided into the following subject areas
Communication and business language in German (for French students), in French (for German students) and English at a high level (at least level B2 of the European Reference Framework)
Finance and Controlling, Marketing and Market Research, Organizational and Human Resources Management, Accounting, Strategic Management and Export
Research methodology and scientific work, IT and management
International economy in the German-French context, quality and project management with a focus on international cooperation (incl. practical projects)
International Law, Legal Environment
- In the 4th semester
- Registration is at Mainz University of Applied Sciences
- Advisors can be chosen from both universities
|Marketing and Market Research|
|IT and Management|
|Communication and Foreign Language|
|International Business focusing on German-French Aspects|
|Quality and Product Management|
|Human Resources Management|
|Principles of Accounting|
|Internship and Interim Report|
|Strategic Management and Export|
|Finance and Controlling|
|Communication and Foreign Language|
Your professional prospects
- Language competence + solid economic expertise + intercultural competence + knowledge of the Franco-German business landscape: MFA graduates offer a broad and unique profile on the labor market
- Interesting career opportunities in German, French or international companies and organisations
- Qualification for business professions in areas such as marketing, human resources, company organisation, export/import, public relations, international coordination, technical translations in both countries
The master's degree program Master of Arts in Franco-German Management prepares students for management positions in German, French or international companies, associations or organisations. The fields of employment can be in areas such as marketing, human resources, business organisation, export/import, public relations, international coordination and technical translation.
Dates and test schedules
The examination schedules of the degree programs of the School of Business are completely available under HIP.