- The passed aptitude test
- Completed university/university of applied sciences degree in time-based media or an equivalent design-oriented program with a bachelor's degree as a Bachelor of Arts or as a Bachelor of Sciences or diploma with an average grade that is not worse than 2.5.
There is a two-step application procedure for this degree program. In addition to participating in the aptitude process, an online application via the applicant portal and the submission of the required application documents are required.
Step 1: Aptitude process
To take part in the aptitude process, you must submit the following documents to the Office of Student Affairs by June 15:
- Application to participate in the eligibility procedure
- Chronological, complete and signed curriculum vitae
- Applicants must enclose with their application a portfolio of design work from their studies or, if applicable, work from their professional activities
Please send your portfolio to the following address (you can also submit the documents in person):
Mainz University of Applied Sciences
Office of Student Affairs
It is not possible to submit your portfolio directly to the department.
If your portfolio is sent from outside of Germany, the package must be declared as a document shipment.
If your portfolio is evaluated as "passed", you will be invited to take the aptitude test.
Step 2: Application procedure
The deadline to submit the application is 15 July.
If your portfolio has been rated as "passed", you will receive an invitation to the aptitude interview on:
29. +30. Juni 2023 Zoom-Meeting
Please arrange your appointment by email or by telephone under 06131 628-2311 with Ms. Schnöll.
The portfolios will be collected at Wallstraße 11, Mainz.
Of course, we will also be happy to return your portfolio by regular mail. Please submit a sufficiently stamped DHL parcel stamp when handing in your portfolio.
Portfolios that are not picked up will be disposed of after three months.
Who to contact
T +49 6131 628-7386
zulassung (at) hs-mainz.de