- a German university entrance qualification
- foreign academic qualifications, I have already had my academic certificates recognized in Germany and I am able to submit a grade point average converted to German scores
- successfully passed an assessment test of a preparatory college in Germany and have received recognition of my foreign academic qualification with a designated average grade
University entrance qualification according to Section 65 of the Higher Education Act.
You can provide proof of this with:
- General higher education entrance qualification
- Subject-specific higher education entrance qualification
- Entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences
- Higher education entrance qualification for vocationally qualified people
- Higher education entrance qualification for people who have passed a master craftsman’s examination or a comparable advanced training examination
- Proof of a valid vocational training contract to become a Computer Scientist in Public Administration/Public Informatics as part of the training in your career track in the entry level of the third service class (civil servant in Higher Intermediate Service)
- Applicants who provide proof of having successfully completed the same or similar vocational training and want to become further qualified can be admitted to the degree program in exceptional cases.
- A cooperation agreement concluded between the company/authority and Mainz University of Applied Science
- Applicants who have completed the school-based part of the university of applied sciences entrance qualification can participate in the application and admission procedures for this dual study program.
- Proof of English language skills (not an admission requirement for the first and second semester).
- Throughout your studies, you will be employed in a position where you will perform activities relevant to your studies.
Intensive German course
Mainz University of Applied Sciences offers an intensive German course, which leads to a Telc German B2 language certificate. Applicants for this course must have a university entrance qualification and a German language B1 level certificate.
Further Information: DaF B2 - Intensive German Course at Hochschule Mainz