First steps (for students in their first semester)
You are a first-semester student and recently enrolled. You have received a blue document from the university (semester registration form/ matriculation form, also called Leporello).
On this document you will find, among other things, your initial access data for your IT account and your student e-mail address.
For a successful start to your studies, please note the following steps to be done by each individual themselves.
- Activate your IT account
- Activate your student email address at https://webmailer.hs-mainz.de
- Register on the learning platform OpenOLAT
- The directory of lectures can be found on the university information portal HIP
- Your department or your faculty may have prepared further steps for you. Please have a look at the brochure First Things First! You will find it linked on this page or as a haptic version with your faculty/in your department.
- Check the relevant instructions for you in the internal section of the ZIK (only available in German) (login with IT account)