1. Schulze, Heike/Bals Lydia (forthcoming): Implementing sustainable purchasing and supply management (SPSM): A Delphi study on competences needed by purchasing and supply management professionals, accepted at Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management.
2. Wieland, Andreas/Bals, Lydia/ Mol, Michael/Handfield, Robert (2020): Global Sourcing: Taking Stock and Moving Forward, Journal of International Management, Volume 26, Issue 1, 100709.
3. Bals, L., Schulze, H., Kelly, S., & Stek, K. (2019): Purchasing and supply management (PSM) competencies: Current and future requirements, Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management, Volume 25, Issue 5, 100572.
4. Tate, Wendy/ Bals, Lydia/ Bals, Cristof/ Foerstl, Kai (2019): Seeing the Forest and Not the Trees: Learning from Nature’s Circular Economy, Resources, Conservation & Recycling, Volume 149, 115-129.
5. Tate, Wendy/Bals, Lydia/Marshall, Donna (2019): Supply chain management at the base of the pyramid, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Volume 49, Issue 5, 438-450.
6. Schulze, Heike/Bals, Lydia/Johnsen, Thomas (2019): Individual Competences for Sustainable Purchasing and Supply Management (SPSM): A Literature and Practice Perspective, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Volume 49, Number 3, 287-304.
7. Lashitew, Addisu/Bals, Lydia/van Tulder, Robert (2020): Inclusive Business at the Base of the Pyramid: The Role of Embeddedness for Enabling Social Innovations, Journal of Business Ethics, Volume 162, Issue 2, 421-448.
8. Goebel, Philipp/Reuter, Carsten/Pibernik, Richard/Sichtmann, Christina/Bals, Lydia (2018): Purchasing Managers’ Willingness to Pay (WTP) for Attributes that Constitute Sustainability, Journal of Operations Management, Volume 62, 44-58.
9. Fayezi, Sajad/Zomorrodi, Maryam/Bals, Lydia (2018): Procurement Sustainability Tensions: An Integrative Perspective, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Volume 48, Issue 6, 586-609.
10. Tate, Wendy/Bals, Lydia (2018): Achieving Shared Triple Bottom Line (TBL) Value Creation: Toward a Social Resource-Based View (SRBV) of the Firm, Journal of Business Ethics, Volume 152, Number 3, 803-826.
11. Bals, Lydia/Laine, Jari/Mugurusi, Godfrey (2018): Evolving Procurement Organizations: External and Internal fit Considerations, Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management, Volume 24, Number 1, 41-58.
12. Bals, Lydia/Tate, Wendy (2018): Sustainable Supply Chain Design (SSCD) in Social Businesses: Advancing the Theory of Supply Chain, Journal of Business Logistics, Volume 39, Number 1, 57-79.
13. Bals, Lydia/Turkulainen, Virpi (2017): Achieving Efficiency and Effectiveness in Purchasing and Supply Management: Organization Design and Outsourcing, Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management, Volume 23, Number 4, 256-267. JPSM best paper 2017 award.
14. Mugurusi, Godfrey/Bals, Lydia (2017): Purchasing and Supply Organization in Transition: An Exploratory case of Offshoring Within a Global Engineering Company, Operations Management Research, Volume 10, Number 1, 64-83.
15. Tate, Wendy/Bals, Lydia (2017): Outsourcing/Offshoring Insights: Going Beyond Reshoring to Rightshoring, Special Issue Editorial in of International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Volume 47, Number (2/3), 106-113.
16. Bals, Lydia/Kirchoff, Jon F./Foerstl, Kai (2016): Exploring the Reshoring and Insourcing Decision Making Process: Toward an Agenda for Future Research, accepted for publication at Operations Management Research Volume 9, Number 3-4, pp. 102-116.
17. Foerstl, Kai/Kirchoff, Jon F./Bals, Lydia (2016): Reshoring and Insourcing: Drivers and Future Research Directions, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Volume 46, Number 5, pp. 492-515. Nominated for AOM Carolyn Dexter (Best International Paper) award 2015. “Highly Commended” by the Emerald Literati Awards for Excellence 2017.
18. Coates, Matthew/Bals, Lydia (2013): External Innovation Implementation Determinants and Performance Measurement: A Case Study from the Pharmaceutical Industry. Technology and Investment, Volume 4, Number 2, pp. 131-143.
19. Tate, Wendy/Ellram, Lisa/ Bals, Lydia/Hartmann, Evi/Van der Valk, Wendy (2010): An Agency Theory Perspective on the Purchase of Marketing Services. Industrial Marketing Management, Volume 39, Issue 5, pp. 806-819.
20. Bals, Lydia/Hartmann, Evi/Ritter, Thomas (2009): Barriers of Purchasing Involvement in Marketing Service Procurement. Industrial Marketing Management, Volume 38, Issue 8, pp. 892-902.
21. Tate, Wendy/Ellram, Lisa/ Bals, Lydia/Hartmann, Evi (2009): Offshore Outsourcing of Services: An evolutionary perspective, International Journal of Production Economics, Volume 120, Issue 2, pp. 512-524.
22. Trautmann, Gerhard/Turkulainen, Virpi/Hartmann, Evi/ Bals, Lydia (2009): Integration in the Global Sourcing Organization: An information processing perspective. Journal of Supply Chain Management, Volume 45, Issue 2, pp. 57-74. Nominated for best paper award JSCM 2009.
23. Trautmann, Gerhard/Bals, Lydia/Hartmann, Evi (2009): Global Sourcing in Integrated Network Structures: The Case of Hybrid Purchasing Organizations. Journal of International Management. Volume 15, Issue 2, pp. 194-208.
24. Schmidberger, Stephan/Bals, Lydia/Hartmann, Evi/Jahns, Christopher (2009): Development of a Performance Measurement System for the Benchmarking of Ground Handling Services at European Hub Airports. International Journal of Production Economics, Volume 117, Issue 1, pp. 104-116.
25. Hartmann, Evi/Bals, Lydia/Kaiser, Gernot (2008): The Impact of Internal Purchasing Resources and Capabilities on Low-cost Country Sourcing. Zeitschrift für Betriebswirtschaft (Journal of Business Economics), Volume 78, Issue 4, pp. 31-54.
26. Jahns, Christopher/Hartmann, Evi/Lockström, Martin/Bals, Lydia (2007): The Quest for Competitive Advantage: Empirical Evidence of the Role of Resources in a Global Sourcing Context. Die Unternehmung (Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice), Volume 61, Issue 3, pp. 213-226.
27. Jahns, Christopher/ Hartmann, Evi/Bals, Lydia (2006): Offshoring: Dimensions and diffusion of a new business concept. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, Volume 12, Issue 4, pp. 218-231.